The first thing to know is that databases are a group of related information that is stored, in an orderly manner. We can compare them with a large library, only that instead of having physical books, documents or magazines, the data is digitized and stored on discs that allow access to them from anywhere in the world.
However, this explanation may fall a bit short in the light of experts Carlos Coronel, Steven Morris and Peter Rob. In their book ‘Databases: Design, Implementation and Administration’, they point out that databases “are specialized structures that allow computerized systems to save, manage and retrieve data very quickly.”
Some of the characteristics of these digital databases are the confluence of multiple users, data integrity, optimization of complex queries, secure access, data independence, standard programming language and backup, and information retrieval.
This model adds, removes, or updates rows of data, manages every detail in the database, and retrieves subsets of data for analysis and processing of transactions. For further information, you can visit website https://dbmstools.com/categories/data-catalogs.
Now yes, 10 database management tools!
Among the types of managers that we can find are MySQL, which is characterized by its speed and is used by large websites such as Facebook, Google, Wikipedia, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr. In addition, it is one of the most used with Microsoft SQL Server. The latter is widely used to handle large volumes of information.
And because MySQL is one of the most popular Database Management System, here are 10 tools to manage it:
1. MySQL Workbench – This is a tool that offers data modeling, SQL development, and database design, management, administration, and maintenance. It was manufactured by Oracle and is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
2. Navicat for MySQL: is a graphical manager and development software created by Premium Soft CyberTech Ltd. It has an intuitive graphical interface with great scope for the development, maintenance, and management of databases. Ideal for those starting with MySQL. It is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
3. Sequel Pro: is an exclusive tool for Mac OS, manufactured by Sequel Pro & CocoaMySQL Team. Among its characteristics are the exploration of tables for queries, a panel to launch queries quickly, allows the debugging of information in a comfortable way and the creation and modification of the table structure.
4. Heidi SQL: is a free and open source software that allows you to connect to MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL servers. It is only available for Windows and was manufactured by the German Ansgar Becker. Heidi allows you to view and edit data, you can export structures and data, as well as edit triggers, views, procedures and tables.
5. SQL Maestro, MySQL Tools Family: it is a manager used for operations with database objects, executing SQL queries and scripts, makes it easy to backup, export and import data. Its limitation is that it is only compatible with Windows.
6. SQLWave My SQL Client: is an intuitive graphical tool designed to automate and simplify database processes. It also provides an easy way to explore and maintain existing databases. Allows you to make connections with remote hosts. It was manufactured by Nerocode and can only be used with Windows.
7. DB Forge Studio: allows a developer to create and run queries, develop and debug MySQL routines, and also provides utilities to compare, synchronize, and backup databases. It is only compatible with Windows and was created by Devart.
8. DB Tools Manager: it is considered the most powerful application for data management. Only compatible with Windows, it was manufactured by DB Tools Software, this tool handles databases, tables (including indexed, triggers), domains, among others.
9.MyDb Studio : can only work with Windows, H2LSoft Inc. created a tool that can create, modify and delete databases, backup and restore databases, export tables to XML, Excel or Word, among other utilities.
10. Dream coder for MySQL: has an interface that allows you to quickly and easily perform tasks with the database. Objects can be created, edited, duplicated, exported, and deleted; compile and run stored procedures; export and import data, generate reports, monitor activity, and synchronize the database. It is manufactured by Mentat Technologies Database Solutions, Inc. and is only compatible with Windows.